Monday, October 19, 2009


So after writing my first post, I decided I would try to make something I've been wanting to make for a while.  A wool diaper cover.  Also called a soaker.  Another thing you should know about me, is that I am very indecisive.  That being said, there are SO MANY different kinds of elastic out there, that I had no idea where to start.  I've had two wool sweaters, shrunk and ready to be made into a cover, but I just couldn't decide on my notions.  So tonight, I decided to make one without any notions.

It happened kind of by mistake, I started taking out the seams of the sweater, only to find that the arm once taken apart was a good shape, so I actually used the arm as the main part of my cover.  The ribbing on the sleeve became the front, I cut out the ribbing on the collar to put on the back, and then cut out the ribbing on the waist for the legs.  I just washed and lanolized it, so I haven't had the chance to try it out.  It really isn't the prettiest thing, and I think it is a bit too big for my son, but hey, I came up with it myself, which surprised me greatly.  Maybe I am more creative than I thought, just when I least expect it.

I will probably try it out tomorrow, and then update on how it goes, if I have a chance to figure out my computer, I will take some pictures, and if I ever make another one, I will maybe make a tutorial!  (In case anyone ever reads my blog :D).

No comments:

Post a Comment