Sunday, October 25, 2009

Wool soaker #2

I woke up to a mysteriously screaming baby, and now I can't fall back asleep.

So while my husband fell asleep on the couch, I decided to try this wool soaker pattern.  Well it's more of a tutorial on how to make your own pattern.

http://www.bumwrapdiapers.com/pages/pattern.php

It was very straightforward, but I think I'll need to adjust it to make it just right.  I'm going to have to go to the thrift shop and pick up some more wool sweaters.  Maybe I'll just cut up some of my husband's old t-shirts to experiment with.

The problem with it is it doesn't account for the bum being bigger than the front, so it's tightish in the back, and quite loose in the front.

I found this pattern on another blog :

http://katrinassqs.blogspot.com/2007/10/free-soaker-pattern.html

so I think I'm going to somehow combine the two, or maybe I'll just use the second one.  Anyway, I've found a ton of sewing projects I want to do, so I'll probably keep myself busy for a while!  My mom's probably coming in later today, so I'll have to ask her for some advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment